Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Behavior Think Sheet

Leave a Comment
If you read my Beginning of the Year Information, you would find the documents I sent out to my first graders' parents this year.  

Within this document it talks about my class' behavior plan and how I incorporate ClassDojo, which my first graders love!  I talk about giving my students 3 strikes when they break a class rule.  

1st strike is just a verbal warning and a negative point on ClassDojo.

2nd strike is to take time during their afternoon recess to reflect on their behavior with the Behavior Think Sheet.  Rather than have my students lose recess by just sitting out, they need to reflect on what they did on the Behavior Think Sheet.  Once they finish the sheet and we've discussed the behavior, then they're free to play again, if there's time left.  This Sheet goes home with the student with the expectation that parents discuss it with him/her, sign it, and return the Sheet the next day.

Feel free to use the Behavior Think Sheet.  Please leave me a comment and let me know how it goes for you.  

Thank you!

0 reactions:

Post a Comment