Friday, July 13, 2012

STUDENT PHOTO MAGNETS

2 comments

I love student photo magnets!  Here's an idea using magnet strips (found at arts & craft stores) in the classroom.  Take a photo of each student and print it out on a business size card with student's name & student number on it.  I would laminate it to make it last.  Then, put a small magnet strip on the back.  Use it on magnetic white boards!  For what...you ask?

  • students' checking in to school (seeing who's here at school that day)
  • student behavior charts posted on magnetic whiteboard and instead of moving clips, you move the magnets (I've used this in my 5th grade gen ed class and it was very easy & effective; wish I took a picture of it to show!)
  • student lunch choices
  • student going to restroom, office, or simply leaving the classroom for the moment
  • graphing purposes
  • perfect for substitute teachers, too!  So they know who is who at a glance!
Thanks, Mailbox, for reminding me of this!

Do you have more ideas on what to do with student photo magnets?  Feel free to comment to this post!  Thanks!  

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through pinterest and really like it!
    I am starting my first ever teaching position teaching kindergarten in August.
    I am terrified but hoping to use some of your great ideas to help me through it!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!

      Thanks for stopping by and liking my blog! :) Teaching Kinder is a lot of fun! They will definitely keep you on your toes! The ultimate advice really is keeping your routines, schedule & rules consistent, so the kiddos know what to expect all the time! Once you've established that...the kids can practically run the class and it'll be a blast! Just don't change up your routine until you've established an awesome consistent & positive environment in the classroom! If you ever have any questions...I'm here to help! Good luck, Laura! :)

      Ms. Lulu

      Delete